Monday, January 31, 2011

Sister Acacia Brown 19 January 2011

Glad to here that everyone is doing pretty well and that you all had a
wonderful time in kanab when dallin got his patriarchal blessing. That picture of kacey's baby is just so cute. I got the christmas
picture of uncle mont's family yesterday, and was thinking about how
things have changed so much at home. The little kids are all growing
up. Everyone is getting married and finishing school. I have horribly
forgotten some peoples names and I am sure they have also forgotten
mine! It was kinda weird. I am glad the grandparents got my cards. I
can't believe that gma is already off her mission. crazy how the time
flew.

This week has been good, but also disappointing a little bit. I have
no idea where to find people who want to accept the gospel, and I have
no idea how to "work with all my heart". But it has also been a week
of mini miracles. Because the week has been a little harder on me, I
decided to look for the very tiny miracles every day, and then always
thank the Lord for them. One day we were contacting a lot, having no
success, no one wanted to talk to us. And my companion didn't want to
talk to anyone either. So, I was getting down on myself and didn't
know what to do. And then I felt impressed to just stop this one
lady, she listened to us, and she wanted to know more. I told her
about the book of mormon, and invited her to read it and pray about
it. When I asked her if she would, she said, "well, yea, I won't know
until I try, right?" And I thought, YES! She seemed to have such an
open mind about it and I was very excited. I pray we can meet with
her.

We are also teaching this young girl and I am very excited about it.
She is sweet, and seems to be opening up a little more. What I need to
do is to find the balance between being bold and between following the
spirit when it comes to giving the baptismal commitment. We have a
mission goal to commitment one person to baptism every week, and I
want to reach that, and I want to invite her to be baptized, but at
the same time, I don't want to scare her or come on too strong before
we have developed a good relationship with her. I guess this is a
matter of prayer, and I know that the Lord will help me. And I know
that as I try my very best He will help to make all my mistakes right.

Dad, you asked about the goals that we have for our mission. Well, to
give you all a picture, I think last year we baptized like 73 people,
and our goal was 75. So we came very very close. And this year,
president has divided the year into 4 quarters. The first quarter, now
until March 31, we have a goal in our mission to baptize 31 people.
That is a little more than 1 baptism per companionship i think. We
also have a goal to commit one person to baptism each week, we want to
have 2 new investigators each week, we want to have 2 investigators at
church meeting each week, 3 lessons with investigators and a member
together each week, and president has asked us to look for a miracle
each week, and to tell him in our weekly emails to him. So, I really
am trying to reach these goals, but sometimes it gets disappointing
when it doesn't go the way you want. I just pray that the Lord will
help us along the way, and I pray that I can trust in Him, and put my
whole heart into the work and be strong.

Yes, it is nice to share my talent of piano playing. the young girl is
14. She is great fun and i love her.

Well, i honestly can't think of much else to say this week. I love you
and pray for you all. I hope everyone is well and please keep me
updated in everything. I can't pray for you all enough. I am trying to
work really hard, and I know the Lord gives me strength each and
everyday. I love Him, and I am grateful for all the blessings He has
given to us. I have been given much, and I know that He expects a lot
out of me. So i am really trying. I love you all and hope that this
week is another wonderful one! Until your next emails!!

Hugs and kisses!
The one and only Sister Acacia Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment