Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas bells are ringing...23 December 2010

Hello my dears!!

Thank you for the emails and the loves! I didn't write yesterday because we had zone conference. President is in town with his wife, and so today we will have our missionary christmas party with them. We are all very excited and it should be a wonderful evening. I am glad the week has been going well and that you have enjoyed reading the story of christmas together from the scriptures. Sister Chetina and i have been wanting to do that, but we have not yet found the time. Sad huh? There has been so much stuff going on here and during our study time we are trying to read the book of mormon and finish it in a month. So when ever we have free time we are trying to meet that goal. I'm so excited to talk to and see you all on saturday you don't even know! it will be a great christmas gift. And grandma, i received the email from you with the picture. Thank you, thank you! You are so sweet. I am excited to read the book.

So this week has been a good one. We continue to teach about the birth of our Savior. I really enjoy it. It has been a little frustrating lately, because we have had so many people that don't show up to our meetings. In the past few weeks we have had so little meetings that it has just been pretty disappointing. I think with the holidays coming up people just get busy and don't think to call us and tell us they won't be coming. So that has wasted a lot of time. I pray it gets better.

Oh my goodness! So president told us yesterday some awesome news! So you know how almaty is the only city in kazakhstan open to missionaries and with a branch. Well, the city of Astana will soon be opening to missionaries too!!!!! Great right!! He wants to send in 4 elders first to start setting up the church there. So i don't know if i'll ever get a chance to serve there, but it is just a wonderful miracle. We are all very excited. Astana is in northern kazakhstan up closer to Russia. He also said that sometime soon they want to make kazakhstan its own mission, so it won't be part of the Russia moscow west mission anymore. We were all just so happy to hear that news. Work here is moving slowy, but surely. the work of the Lord truly moves on. We had a ward get together last saturday because it was the birthday of the church being in kazakhstan 10 years.

So it snowed quite a lot here the other day. And it is beautiful. It is like a little white fairy land. At night with all the new years lights up and the white snow it is very pretty. I have not been able to get a good picture yet. Aw, speaking of snow. When it landed on my black coat, you could actually see the shapes of the snow flake because the flakes were so big...can you believe that? I knew that snowflakes had shapes but i just always thought they were so small you could not pick out the shapes of them. But I really saw the shapes!! They are beautiful!! I was so so excited. Sister moore told me that snow in utah is just the same. I don't know why i never noticed it before. oh well. it was fun. I tried to take a picture of it but my camera does not have THAT good enough of a zoom :)

Well i don't know what else to write and i will be talking to you soon!! I love you all and wish you a wonderful holiday season. Be good and nice and have fun! Until, well SOON!!!

С Рождеством!!!! (Merry Christmas!)

Сестра Браун



No comments:

Post a Comment