Monday, January 10, 2011

already december!! 1 December 2010

Hello my dears!!
Thank you for the emails. It is as always great to hear from you. Sad to hear about the game, but happy to hear that everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving together. I hope you all gave each other lots of hugs and kisses from me!! Ok, yes mom, I did see the first package you sent, and I will let you know when we get the second one. Sister Moore will not let me open it up! But that is good, i will be grateful to have something to open on christmas day. That is fun that you are already getting your christmas decorations up. Man, i love this time of year. It is strange that it is so cold there. Here it is quite nice, we have not had snow yet. You all be careful in that snowy and icy weather. Don't do anything stupid, or you will give me one more thing to worry about.
We had our thanksgiving dinner with our investigators. It was at the moore's apartment and we were sad when it all ended. Sister moore found a turkey out here, so we ate turkey!!!! cool huh!! I was excited. It made everything feel a little more real. I really think all of our investigators enjoyed the evening too. They have a lot of christmas lights put up here in almaty. It is very pretty. I think there are so many because this year is the Asian Winter Olympics here, and I think they want it to look pretty for all the visitors coming in. So that is fun. I want to wait until we have some good snow so that I can take some really pretty pictures with the lights. Hope its soon!!
Our investigators are doing well. We are really enjoying teaching them all and pray that we can help them progress and receive answers to their questions. We found a new contact the other day and we met with her, she is just awesome. I am really excited to work with her and see her progress. She was baptized not long ago in the Russian Orthodox church, but thats ok. It shows that she is searching for something and wanting to grow closer to God. We had an open house at the branch building the other day, and gave tours of the building and explained who were are as a church and what we believe. Not a ton of people came, but more than a few. So that was good.
Well, I don't have any other big news this week. I am trying to put together just a little christmas and new years package together for you all. It is nothing big, so don't get too excited about it, but I just wanted to send you some love from me!! I hope I can get it sent off sometime soon so it gets to you before next summer! All the missionaries in the district want to do a bunch of things today, so i don't know if getting to the post office will get done. Just remember that if it gets there later than the new year that I still love you very very much.
Well, I love you all. I pray that you all have a wonderful week, and remember to stay close to the Lord. Like I always say, keep saying your prayers and reading your scriptures, go to church, and serve and love one another. Have a great day!! Until next week! All my love!!!!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment