Thursday, June 30, 2011

hello hello! 1 June 2011

Hello my loves!!

Ok, so, lets get done with the dirty business first. I know that the moores are arriving home sometime in the Middle of july, but the exact date of their talks i do not know, but i will write and tell you. lets see, that is super freaky you already received my flight plans. But, i would assume that it is the last email you received about the 4th. Because i heard there is one elder in our group going home and he needs to be there a day earlier, so i heard they are just sending us all a day earlier too, or something like that. Tell Dallin and Angela that I love them so much too! And thank them for their love and support. Tell them not to freak out too much. Just keep doing whats right and keep on keepin on, like grandma always says (at least i think so!) Ok, i have to say that all this talk about the snow and hail and rain and floods are really starting to make me worry. That is super scary!! I just pray that everyone is safe and well and that the snow and rain will stop. And yes mom, we can just wait until i get back to figure out housing. I am fine with that.

This week has been a good one. And kinda interesting. The one woman that came and we set a baptismal date with her on the first lesson has completely fallen away. She never answered her phone. and then finally we got a hold of her, and she said that she was sick and that maybe and i quote..."maybe I can meet with you on June the 10th, on the year of 2011. I think I will be better then"....ok, funny right? like i just totally laughed about that, and thought, "oh really are you sure. Are you sure maybe your didn't mean on the year of 2012 or even 2013?" sorry, i am just being totally sarcastic, but i thought it was funny and we laughed about it. but at the same time it is kinda sad. I feel like a lot of our miracles turn out to be crazy people. and it is hard for me, because than i have a hard time believing in miracles like that. but whatever. I know miracles happen. Some times just really awkward and strange experiences happen on the mission too. Yesterday sister cianflone and I had about probably the most awkward lesson of my whole mission (at least that i can remember). I won't go into the details, but it was super funny. And we just knew that these girls were super creeped out, and probably think we are the biggest freaks ever.

So i think Ipara is doing pretty well. We have not met with her in a while cause she is so busy with work, but we have talked to her on the phone. We have a meeting with her tomorrow, so i am excited to see her. One of our investigators came to church on sunday with her son, so we were very excited. Afterwards she told us that it was kinda boring, but I pray next time she has a better experience.

Last week as a district we all tried camel milk together. It was so gross!! It tasted like just super sour milk, with carbonation!! weird right? who knew camels produced carbonation?

My whole mission I have really been trying to read "Jesus the Christ". it has been difficult for me because the book is so big and the words are just soo big. But, i have made a goal to finish it. And it has been really awesome. It is a really inspired book, and I love all the new things I am learning!!!! Everyday my testimony of the Savior grows as I read the book.

I am sorry, I have read over this email, and I feel like it is a pretty lame email for the week...i just don't know what else to add. I need to be better like my companion and write down what I want to say throughout the week, and then when i email i will know what awesome stories and experiences to tell you : )

But remember that i love you and that the church is true! stay safe and do what is right!!! All my love! Until next week!!!!!

oh my gosh! I totally forgot to tell you that Sister Gorkavenko told me to tell you hello!!!! And that her mission ends this transfer and that you need to wait for her and she will come visit as a guest (i think she is totally getting trunky!) She always tells me how it is weird that she has heard so much about you and seen your pictures, but it is still so hard for her to imagine that you are REAL people!!

Love,

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment