Friday, May 27, 2011

wow...25 May 2011

Hello everyone!

So, i just read the article that you sent to me mom. pretty awesome. Terence looks pretty intense and scary in that picture. That is very awesome though. I am excited for you T! Keep doing well and keep yourself safe and healthy! Love you!!! Yes, and I need to tell grandma late happy birthday!!! I thought about you all day yesterday! And, it is very sad to hear about all the bad weather and that kinda news that is going on with floods and tornados. seriously, that is crazy, what is going on?! I really just pray that there will be a land for me to fly back to! That is very exciting to hear about Tanners mission call. What great news! and what a cool place to serve. Spanish speaking right? That will be awesome and he will have a wonderful experience on his mission! for this i know!

Lets see news for this week. Well, we have seen a lot of miracles happen. Which has been wonderful. The hand of the Lord is truly in this work, and He truly prepares people to receive the gospel. We have met with Ipara, and she has put her baptismal date back until she is off of work for the summer. She will be baptized in the first week of July. So, we are really working on getting her prepared, and we pray that satan does not have time to come in and destroy her faith. We had a new investigator on saturday who did not show up until an hour and a half later, and we had already left the branch. And luckily the RS pres was there when she got there and told her about church services on sunday. We called her later that night and she was like yea, I will be there tomorrow. And I was like wow, cool! So she not only showed up to church on sunday, but she showed up a hole hour and a half early! and she just sat and listened to the choir and really enjoyed all the meetings. Our district had 14 investigators at the meeting on sunday, which is a record for sure. It was awesome. And, after we had a meeting with this women and then set a baptismal date with her!!!!! The date is in two weeks.....but we are a little bit skeptical about that, because after we got so excited about this awesome miracle on sunday, She has not showed up to any meetings we have set up with her, and she doesn't answer her phone. Very strange. I don't know what happened. Part of me thinks, well, it was too good to be true. But then another part of me does not want to give up on her. We will see and I will let you know. And monday was awesome because we stopped by the branch for like 2 minutes to grab some more book of mormons, and just at that moment a women that sister dick and gorkavenko had contacted into the day before, came and wanted to talk to someone and say that she would not be able to come to church this sunday. we told her we could call the other sisters and they could come and meet with her, but she said no i don't have that much time to wait for them to get here. And so we asked her what she knew, and she said not much. Me and sister cianflone sat outside with her and gave her the first lesson. And the spirit was honestly so amazing. probably one of the most spiritual lessons I have had on my mission. She said she was atheist, and we testified so strongly that God exists, and that he has created a plan and a way to return back to him. We gave her a book of mormon and prayed with her, and asked her that when she reads and finds out the book of mormon is true and that joseph smith was a prophet, if she would be baptized. And she said yes, I would like to do that. So, it was a great lesson. Since the other sisters are the ones that gave her the church invitation outside, we gave her to them as their investigator. But we were very excited that we were there and that we were able to teach her about the restoration. It was really great. I hope it all works out for the other sisters to meet with her and bring her into the waters of baptism.

So this past week i received my "death papers". Those are the papers that you get that you need to fill out and tell you when you will fly home. So, i have been told that I will fly into the salt lake airport on August the 5th. and that is all i have been told. It is kinda crazy, and i like freaked out when I got the papers, not wanting to fill them out. but anyways, that is the news. the other day in district meeting we were playing a russian grammer game together and i was doing absolutely horrible!!!! and i got a little stressed out and down on myself, thinking, wow, i already have my death papers and I can't even speak russian fluently! I felt a little stupid and wondered what the heck i have been doing with my russian the past year and a half! oh well, i guess i just need to work harder and not worry about it too much. my greeny I swear almost speaks like better than i do already!!

ps....dman, we are sitting in the internet club and lady gaga with her "paparatsi" song came on. (sorry, i know i totally spelled that wrong. my english is horrible lately! I said the other day "He teached....and she understanded...." and they just sounded so right to me until my companion corrected me and convinced me that that was not correct english grammer. ahhh!! anyways, i totally thought about you when I heard that song! yea for d man!!!!! love you!!

Well, i love you all! It was great to hear from you. and I pray that everyone is safe and well this week! Until next week!

All my love!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment