Thursday, May 19, 2011

hey!! 18 May 2011

Hello my loves!!

well, after 2 weeks to the day, I am finally back in Kazakhstan!! it honestly seems like it has been forever! I am excited to be back and get to work with all our investigators again. It was lovely being in Nizhney and meeting the people there, but it is good to be back "home" too.

So yea, this past week I have just been in Nizhney working with the sisters there. I enjoyed the experience, but again it was kinda hard working in a threesome in an area I don't know to well, but it was good. and we had fun and got along great. So i really enjoyed the experience. I rode the train into moscow on tuesday and got my visa then. So, because of visa problems I missed the conference in almaty, for which i was sad. But, president let me stay wednesday in moscow, and I went to the whole mission conference that we as almaty missionaries never get to go to. So, it was pretty awesome. and i saw missionaries i haven't seen in ages, so it was really great. Elder Schwitzer from the general authority was there and taught us really well. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be there, because it will probably be the last time i see those missionaries if i still fly home straight from almaty, which are still the plans as of now. When i was there i got my summer clothes back out from the office, because it is supposed to get pretty hot here. and i even bought a few souvenirs, just in case that was my last time in Russia. It was totally bitter sweet as I sat in the car with the mission driver as he drove me to the airport last night. it was a beautiful evening with a beautiful moscow sunset, and I just looked out the window and was thinking a lot. Weird to think how fast time has flown and reminisce about the first time i was in moscow. And it was weird to me to think that maybe that was my last time there....for who knows how long. crazy crazy. I got a little teary eyed, but I tried not to think about it to much. it was kinda weird. ok, anyways.

so yea, i am back in almaty. Got in this morning and unpacked, and now i am writing you! i am super tired, so i hope we can get our things done today and then maybe take a little nap before we go out and work again tonight. So Ipara's baptismal date has been put off. My companion told me that they all think this is a good thing. Her brothers are very strong muslim, and they all think it would be best for her to get things worked out with that before she is baptized. So, I think the baptismal date will be sometime in June. So, we will continue to work closely with her. I totally miss her! I am excited to meet with her tomorrow!

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot to tell you last week! But, there will be the first stake in Russia being formed on the 5th of June!! isn't that awesome! the stake will be in moscow, and elder nelson will come in june. We will not be there because the city of moscow is not our mission, but isn't that just awesome! A stake! in Russia! can you believe it! i am so excited. I wonder how long it will be until there will be a stake in our mission. Probably a little while. We need more priesthood.

Ok, well, i guess not much more to report this week. I love you all! Thank you for your support! Things are going well here. It was rainy in moscow when i left, and is rainy here too. So, we are all in the same weather boat! good joke right? I am a pretty funny person, and I think i have become funnier since being a missionary. haha (jk, angela and dman, that was totally all for you, because I know you just love my cheesy stupid jokes that aren't even jokes...and I love how you think that i am some strange nerdy missionary : ) ok anyways. Loves! Have a great week! Until next week!

Loves!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment