Thursday, June 30, 2011

hello Nizhney!!! 30 June 2011

Me with Ipara and her daughter : )

My last FHE in almaty!!

Hello everyone!

Great to hear from you! As always, I love hearing from you. Everyone sounds good. That is great. Dad, I have seen that video, I watched it last week. Pretty cool right? And yea, that is the language that I speak. I don’t sound too much like her, because she is Russian and has a real accent. I have an American one. Oh well.

So, I am writing you right now from the seniors couple in Nizhney Novgorod. They are the Lovetts from las vegas. They are cool. So yea, I got a call Friday telling me that I would be on the early flight from almaty to Moscow on Monday. So, it was very quick having to say goodbye to everyone, but, I think I got it all done.

I am excited to be here. It is just different. I am here with sister taggart. Except for right now we are in a 3 some with another sister who is waiting for her visa to go to Kazakhstan and take my spot. I got into the office Monday morning and hung out there and did random assignments there, and then Monday night I took the train to nizhney. It was weird and is kinda spastic because Tuesday we spent the day packing up and calling taxis, because we have to move to the other sisters apartment that is here. They are doing a remodel on the one we were in, and so we moved into the other. To make a long story short, there were 2 companionship's of sisters here before, one had the upper area above the river, the other worked in the lower area below the river. And each area has its own branch. But just before I came president took one companionship out, and so now it is just me and sister taggart. And we are living in the lower branch area, but are supposed to work in both areas and take turns attending the different sacrament meetings. So, it will be busy with traveling time from place to place, and I am worried that none of the members will even get to know me because we will be switching so much and I don’t have much time here. But, that is ok. I am wanting to get to work and to really set up some great lessons and really get to know the investigators and the members here.

So tuesday we moved. We opened the apt. door and I just looked and said “wow, now this is truly a Russian grandma apartment!” It is not like a horrible apt. and I don’t want to complain, but it is definitely the oldest and most un-nice apartment that I have seen on my entire mission. It is just kinda a dark and old place. There is no room for a fridge in the kitchen, so it sits in our front hallway by the front door : ) And there is one of those creepy old looking gas water heaters that we have to turn on to warm our water and showers. So, that kinda freaks me out a little bit, but its all good. I'm getting used to it. I like the apt. I just need some time to clean it up and organize it and make it look better : )

So Nizhney is good. I miss almaty, but it is great to get to know a new place too. Ipara in almaty has a baptismal date on Saturday. So I am really excited for her. I will not be there, but I can still call and talk to her. It was sad to say goodbye, but she is in good hands with sister cianflone there. Ps…..it is pretty hot here in nizhney. I don’t know why it is so hot here, because it is like the most northern city in the mission. But it is definitely hotter here than in almaty . which is weird. It reminds me of last summer in Voronezh. The good ol’ days when you wake up and are sweating, and your makeup is sweating off as you are putting it on. Yep, those days are back. I missed them!

Well, I honestly don't know what else to tell you. Not a whole lot of things have been going on right now. Just sayin goodbye in Almaty and coming here and moving and trying to get settled in and used to the new area. It should be great. And I keep praying that these will be some great weeks here also. Sister gorkavenko wrote me a quick email, and she is home. She just said that things were good and she was busy. Crazy she is already home, and that we live half a world apart. She is great. I am glad that she seems to be doing well. Anyways. Things are good. I am glad to hear that things are going well. I am praying for dallin and hope all things work out to the Lord's will with his job and things. I hope ange had fun at camp. Our camp was good. Just one night. Our investigators came, so that was awesome. Well, I love you all! Have a great week! Until next!!!

All my love!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment