Thursday, June 30, 2011

what up?! 8 June 2011

Hello!!!

Hey everyone! it is good to hear from you! wow, i didn't even know that Melissa was pregnant!!!!! and now she has another baby, that is crazy! but awesome. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I hope things go well this week for ange at trek. have fun and be good!!! I always loved trek, at least i think : ) And boys, have fun at your little camping outing together, and be safe. I pray that you all have fun and are safe in all your travels. Dad, I told Sister Gorkavenko that you will clean out a room for her, and she laughed. She leaves her mission in 2 weeks, and I am actually super depressed about it. I will cry buckets that day! I try not to think about it too much, but she has honestly become like my best friend on the mission, like a 3rd sister to me. She is great. But yesterday I thought about it a lot, because she was telling me that for her it is just now starting to hit her, that her mission is ending. weird. This morning we got a mini sister missionary. From voronezh!!!! I know i told you about Olga in voronezh. The girl that sister gorkavenko and i were teaching for a really long time. And then i left, and eventually sister gorkavenko left, and then the elders kept teaching her. and she was baptized in december, and now she is on a mini mission with sister gorkavenko. awesome right! It is fun to see her. But it also makes it that me and sister cianflone and sister dick will be in a three-some for the next 2 weeks, until sister dick gets her real new companion when sister gorka and Olga leave. So, we will be the 3 of us awesome american sisters together. It should be pretty fun, but probably a little crazy too. We will try to work really hard. It is always awkward attacking a person on the street with three people though!

Lets see. Our investigators Ipara and Elmira are still doing well. We love them. I love the members here too. They are so great. Lately we have had some more lessons, and that has been really really nice. I hope we can keep that up and stay busy, so i don't have too much time to think and go crazy.

Ok, so i just had another really great haircut experience again this week. It is the same man that has been cutting my hair, and usually he does pretty well. So i told him again what I wanted, and he is like ok cool i understand. But then he didn't just give me a trim. He cut it like super short!!! shorter than i have ever had it. So i was pretty annoyed, and hate waking up the the morning and lookin in the mirror. i feel like a man! i know its not that bad. I just exaggerate. I just wish that hair cutting people would just listen to me!!

I am still working on reading Jesus the Christ. and it has been awesome. It is also a mission goal to read and ponder on the Pearl of Great Price. So i need to start that too. And I also have a personal goal to finish the Doctrine and Covenants before the end of my mission. I have so many things that I feel like I haven't completed on my mission, that when I think about them all I just get really frustrated with myself.

All in all, things are going pretty well. Even though there are hard days, and I get down on myself (it seems like more often than not these days,) I am trying my best to be happy and not let satan bring me down. The work is going well, and I still want to do great things.

Well family, i don't know what else to say. Letters seems so hard for me to write these days : ) Oh gma! thank you for the card! i just received it and read it. thank you!! I love you all! keep doin what is right and be happy! have a great week! Until next week!!

Love always!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment