Thursday, June 30, 2011

15 June 2011

So this picture was taken a little while ago, when our greenies came. It is of our district, my new companion, Sister Cianflone, is the one next to me on my right.

Us in the hail storm!!!! hahaha

Hello!!

I am glad to hear from you all and hear that things are going well! Angela, thanks for writing, and I am glad that trek was a great experience for you. To be honest, i don't remember who my parents were on trek, but that is pretty awesome that you have them too! Hey, tell dman if he has time to write me an email next time and let me know how life is going for him. I miss him tons. oh, before i forget.....Happy Father's day daddy!!!!!!!! I hope you have a great one and remember how much I love you and what a great example you are to me!!!!! Have fun with the fam up at the ranch, and stay safe! Ride a horse and catch a fish for me! do you remember that one time we went fishing in provo with rhen and one of his roommates, and then joe totally took a huge fall into that mucky water!!!?? that was super funny i remember!

Oh man, what to tell you about this week. Well, we have been in a companionship of three with sister dick. It has been lots of fun, and at the same time we have kept busy and worked hard. Sister G is with Olga from Voronezh, and it has been very fun to have her here and to see how much she has grown since I taught her as an investigator.

So i guess i will start off at the beginning of the week. So, last thursday after I wrote to y'all, we went up into the mountains as a district. And down here in the city it was super hot and sunny and we were like dying. And then, we got a taxi up pretty high, and then started hiking from there. It didn't seem like we were hiking up super high, but it was getting a little chilly. We found this beautiful waterfall and then we stopped to have a little lunch. And then, the fun started. It started raining a little bit, and then little tiny hail started to fall slowly. So we just hung out there and thought we could wait it out. NOPE!!!! the hail starting getting so big and fast and hard. And it hurt so dang bad!!!! we just started screaming and grabbed our stuff and started running down the mountain as fast a we could. It was so painful we literally thought something real bad was gonna happen. and it didn't let up. our arms and body were so red because we got pelted so hard by the hail. We finally found a little overhang and hung out there. It still didn't let up. But we just booked it and ran from little overhang to little overhang. It was pretty scary, but pretty funny too. I will send you some pictures if i can get them.

ps....mom, i just read your email, and loved it!!!! have fun out at dinner with the big married kids!

Friday was a good day too. The moore's took us out to our final "cleaning check lunch" with them. They took us to this beautiful uzbekistan restaurant, and it was very delicious!!!! I need to learn how to make some awesome traditional foods like that. Saturday as a district we went and sang hymns in a park and contacted. it was fun. But then people got upset with us being there and said that we are not allowed to be there. And the policemen came, twice, and tried to kick us out, but then after showing them our papers and documents, they realized that we have every right to be there and to proselyte. They are all just upset because so many muslims are here, and they don't like to hear from Christians. Sunday was another good sunday. I love meeting with the members and seeing them there! Other than those events, this week has pretty much been the same. We have met with a few new people, and that has been great. I hope things work out with them. Tomorrow we are having zone conference with president. So that will be great. And it is sister Dick's birthday, and we need to think of something awesome to do for her. We will probably do something today for p day with president, because he flew in this morning. So we will see!

Our investigators are doing well! I love working with them and continue to pray that we can help them to draw closer to Christ and resolve their concerns.

Welp, i love you all, and I love my mission. I pray that I can stay happy and positive and do all that I can do. I am really trying not to get trunky, but everyone else around me is!!!! Have a safe week and a wonderful time. Remember how much I love you!!!! Until next week!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment