Friday, October 29, 2010

sorry to disappoint ya 13 October 2010

hello family!!
Well first off, I enjoyed all of your emails, but....Im not in kazakhstan yet! I thought I would be but we are still working on getting my visa for kazakhstan, and so right now i am still in voronezh. I will head to moscow sunday night not on a train, but a bus..(yahoo! this will be great fun!! maybe.......) All the members that have heard that are like eww..that's not fun. So we will see how it goes. But anyways, yes i will be up there monday morning and hopefully everything will be good with my visa, and then from there on out im not really sure when im getting to kazakhstan, but sometime i will take a plane from moscow and head on over there. I already have a fear of planes and everyone says the ones to kazakhstan are very small and not too fun. ahhh! all will be good i hope. But anyways, yes i am in voronezh right now still with sis Gorkavenko and it has been lots of fun. She has her new companion (a russian mini missionary) coming tomorrow night. So then it will be the 3 of us for a few days, and that should be pretty awesome. I am excited!
Thank you for the emails. I am glad that everyone had a great packed week as always. Send me some pics of the wedding and birthday ok? And no dad, i didn't get any poem. Oh and no i have not gotten the package but hopefully it will be in moscow when i go on monday. And yea just send things to the same address. We don't ever go anywhere out of almaty, but assistants and president come down for conferences every once in a while and bring things down to us. And ange and dal, what funny dance are you talking about? I don't dance funny. I dance like a pro!!
So didn't you all just love conference!!!! I did! it was so good and I was so happy that president let us watch all the sessions. The only thing is that they never broadcast the womens programs here. Weird right? My companion said that she has never seen the young womens or the relief soceity broadcast in her whole life. I was like WHAT! They need to do something about that so that the women are also able to get together and watch. But anyways, conference was wonderful and the spirit was strong, and I am so grateful for the prophet and the apostles. I have faith that their words are truly the words of God. And I know that if we follow what they teach we will not be led astray.

That is great that you are going to go through a talk each week. I think that is a great idea. We should have done that when i was at home, since i always fell asleep :( I really loved all the talks, but i especially remember the talks by president Monson (about gratitude and not judging others), elder uchtdorf, elder hales, elder holland, i thought the talk by elder ballard was very powerful and very well said, and I don't remember who said it, but I remember someone talked about the commandments. And how people say, well can't I still love Christ but not keep the law of chastity? And can't I still love Christ but not go to church on sunday? And then he flat out said NO, the scriptures say, If ye love me, keep my commandments. I was like wow. awesome!! But, the best part is, did you see the world report after the very first session on saturday? I hope so cause it was awesome. if not maybe you can find it online or something. But the very first segment on the world report was all about Russia and Ukraine! And about the temple! and then they talked to a few members here from Russia! it was awesome!! And if you watch it and see the streets and buildings and cars and everything, that is where i am! That's my life! sweet huh?!
Ok, so this week has been another good one. Things have slowed down a little bit with lessons and things that we have, and they have gotten a little crazy with transfers and things for everyone, but it has been a good one. We continue to meet with the investigators we have, and it has been nice that conference was just recently, and we love to share messages from conference with out investigators. Contacting outside has been tougher because not as many people are on the streets, and everyone seems to be in a huge hurry because they are like running to get to a warm place. So it does get frustrating when every person you stop wants to ignore you, and the only people who want to talk to you are strange men that you don't even have to stop, they just see my name tag, say "sister brown", chuckle a little, and then interrogate me. who are you, what is that church, why are you here, and on and on. I try really hard to understand and talk to them, but for some reason it is so difficult for me to understand random men that stop us on the streets. I don't know why, maybe it is just that their voices are low or something, but so i just stand there and am like huh, um, um, yea, um...it is probably pretty humorous to watch how uncomfortable sister brown gets when strange men off the street stop to talk to her. ok, sorry about that nice little tangent. But anyways, work as i said is pretty good. But it could definitely be better, so i am trying to have a positive attitude about it all and not let people that ignore us let me down.
I know that this is the Lord's work, and that as we are faithful and do all that we can do, that He will work through us, and that people will be brought to the gospel in the Lord's time, and in the Lord's way. The trick is just working as hard as you can, all the time, even when things get disappointing. But, God is always with us, as missionaries and as members who help the missionaries, and I know that through prayer and faith, we can all have the strength to do the work of the Lord.
I love you all, thank you always for all of your support, your positive attitudes, and your good examples to me. I am glad everyones week went well, and i pray that this week is another good one. Good luck in all your work and school and church activities. All my love! and until next week!!!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment