Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh My Gosh!!! 23 March 2011

Hello!

First off, i cannot believe you found my camera!!! That is honestly so
crazy! How did we not see it before! I remember when I lost it
searching the house over and over and over again, and I don't know how
many times i searched your closet!!!! Seriously! how was it hidden? I
remember thinking maybe joe broke it into pieces and threw it away? i
was just so mad and frustrated that my camera disappeared!. Honestly,
that is crazy! I cannot believe that I did not find it there before.
Man, now im kinda frustrated. We wasted money on a new camera for me
when my old one was just hiding in your closet all this time! crazy
crazy!

Lets see. What about this week? The weather has been a lot nicer and
the sun has been out. We have enjoyed it. The last couple days has
been this holiday called Наурыз. It is a kazak and muslim new year. It
is supposed to symbolize the new year after winter and that spring is
coming. So there have been a lot of people outside and crazy bike
riding gangs because not many of the kids are in school. Its pretty
fun. Missionary work is going as usual. I am having a really great
time serving with Sister Gorkavenko. It is lots of fun. (ps dman, we
are in the internet club right now. and halo is playing, by beyonce.
and it is some awesome strange remix, but cool. I am totally thinking
of you right now!) ok. but yea, We are having a great time serving
together. So for the longest time I have known that president wants me
to train next transfer, but yesterday he called us and actually told
us who we will be training and a little bit about them. And it all
became super real to me and now I am super scared!!!! She is an
american from LA, California, and I am very excited and everything,
but at the same time super nervous. The first impression she has of
missionary work is from me, and I have to teach her how to live and
speak in a country and language that also isn't even my own. So, right
now I feel quite inadequate. But, i know that things will be ok. I
will still be here in almaty, but sister G with her new companion will
be in the apt. we have now, and i will move with my companion to a new
one. So that will take a little adjusting too. Just a new place and
all. And I don't like packing up and moving my things, but it will be
good and fun!!!

Last saturday there were two baptisms of the elders. It was great. And
yes, now finally all the elders that are serving in Astana have been
sent there and have started proselyting and things. We haven't heard
much, but I think things are going pretty well up there. It is pretty
exciting that the new city opened. I am trying to think if there is
any other news to tell you, but I can't really think. I think there is
something, but the music here is blasting, distracting, and I can't
think super well. So, I guess that is a sign that it is about time to
sign off.

Well, i love you all! Thank you for the emails and have a great week!
Until next week!

All my love,
Sister Brown

PS i just sent president an email for the week, and I decided that I
would copy and paste it for you to read. just super simple. enjoy!

Hello President!

This week has been a good one. We had a good lesson with our
investigator Ipara. I love her. She is super sweet and is really
looking for peace in her life. I pray that she can recognize that
peace in the gospel.

We also met with an old investigator that knew Sister Zhumazonova. It
was a good meeting and we are going to get her to come to church with
us this Sunday. She prayed on our lesson and said she had never prayed
out loud before in front of other people. So i was very excited and
happy for her!

Alla, Dima's wife, is doing very well. She looks very happy, and we
are also very happy for her.

Farida is amazing. She just got baptized and is already doing so much
missionary work. She is giving our address and invitations to people,
and just the other day, a woman called us and said that she met Farida
in a taxi and that Farida told her about us and that she needs to meet
with us ASAP! So she called us the next day and we set up a meeting.
It was great!!!

Well, I think that is about it for the week! Thank you for everything!

Love,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment