Tuesday, March 8, 2011

hello my lovely!! 2 March 2011

Hello everyone!

I am glad that the week went well and thank you for the birthday wishes. It was fun to get those birthday wishes off my facebook page too. And weird. I forgot what facebook was!! Thanks for copying them and sending them to me. But my birthday was a good day!

This week we have actually had a "super hardworking week" in our mission. President wants us to get out and really contact contact contact and find some good new investigators. It has been pretty fun and very exhausting, but good. First off, we are not allowed to talk about home or anything of the sort at all, he wants us to stay very focused. We cut down our study time and get out in the morning to contact. We only have lunch, and it is only for 30 min. So, we run home super quick, scrounge up something to eat, and then run back out the door to contact. It is kinda weird too, because on our contacting crazy week all our lessons kept falling through. And so we just spend hours and hours in the cold outside just contacting and contacting. But it has been a good experience. We have had some good conversations, and hopefully our contacts turn into investigators. So yes, my birthday was the first day of the super hardworking week, and it was fun. I actually forgot kinda that it was my birthday. I opened your package, which was wonderful. And I love the necklace! Do you remember how I used to have that necklace? Cool! And the elders were super sweet and baked me a cake and it was fun. So me and sister G have been eating chocolate cake for breakfast the past couple days : ) It was a cool and wonderful experience to spend most of my birthday not thinking about myself, but thinking of others. My birthday in the mtc was good, but this one was just wonderful. It is a once in a life time experience to spend a birthday in kazakhstan with the amazing people here. I can't believe that I am 22 though. I feel so old and all the elders are like wow, that is old!

Lets see, about this week. Monday we had a lesson with our investigator that will be baptized. She is great. Her name is Farida and she is a sweetheart. We had a member with us on the lesson (which is often rare) and so that was great and they really got to be friends so we are excited about that.

Other than our lesson with her, we have not had many. I know, DEPRESSING!! So like i said we have had a lot of time to contact and tract outside, and it has been pretty fun. We have had some super funny experiences talking to people outside, it makes me happy. Ill just tell you a quick one. Not super funny, but if you were there you would have laughed too. I stopped outside to talk to a young girl, and I was telling her about our english club. When i was talking to her she noticed my accent and i told her I was from america. And then this old man that i didn't even see came up behind us and started hitting my backpack with his cane. And he started yelling, "hey girl, give me money, give me money!" And then the girl i was talking to yelled to him that "she doesn't understand russian!" And so he said in english "money money money". it was funny. And the girl said "even if she gave you money it is not the right currency, she is not from here." and he was like "well, I could exchange it!" And then we just said "um...thank you goodbye." I don't know I just thought it was super funny and I loved his little "money money money" in english with a really strong russian accent. It was great! There are other funny stories I just don't have time to write them and remember them all. Im really working on finding the time to write them in my journal though. By the time we get home at night and finish planning, we are just so tired I just can't think straight. It is kinda an awesome feeling, knowing that you are tired because you worked really really hard that day.

So we are going to have zone conference tomorrow with the president. I am excited! He and his wife will be here, and now the AP's are here too. And so me and sister G are once again way outnumbered, with 10 elders to 2 sisters. We are all praying that everything works out soon and that the Astana elders can get there and start the work there as soon as possible. The paperwork for them all is just a pain and takes a long time. It is getting harder to get our accreditation to proselyte here.

Well, i don't know what else to say. This week has been good and we are enjoying the work. We also prays it picks up too and that we can do all the the Lord has sent us here to do. I love you all and it was great to hear from you all! Thank you again for the birthday wishes and for the package. It was absolutely perfect! Happy birthday Kori!!!! I am glad that you all had a great week and are keeping busy. Keep doin whats right and remember that I love you all!! Until next week!!

Lots of love!

Sister Brown

ps...dad, i loved that story about the basketball you bought joe. It made be smile and I had a little tear in my eye when you said he even hugged you. That is so sweet! i love that boy! i remember he did not like to hug very much. Well, ill tell you that ill really change that when i get home!!! Ill squeeze the stuffing out of that boy everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment