Thursday, March 10, 2011

i've got sunshine!! 9 March 2011

Hello my loves!!

How is everyone this week? It sounds like things are going good and pretty fun there at home. I am glad to hear from you all. Mom, thanks for sending me those 2 poems that dad wrote. But i got tears in my eyes as I read them, darn. I hope all the kids are being nice and helpful to you and dad. Thank you, Lois, for sending me that email. It was exciting to hear how your family is doing, it is very weird though, your kids are growing up super super fast!

Lets see. What news do we have for this week. Yes, Farida's, baptism is this Saturday and we are very excited! After the baptism there is a ward activity too, a couple in the ward got married and there will be a little ward celebration for them after the baptism also. Oh, i don't know if I told you, but the girl who got married, just got baptized not long ago, and we had the opportunity to teach her the lessons. So she asked me to put some flowers and centerpieces together for the tables and the reception. So i was able to put 8 little centerpieces and it was pretty fun. The budget was not super big, but I did my magic and I think they turned out pretty cute. I hope she enjoyed them. We of course didn't go to the wedding, so we didn't get to see the finished product, but I told Sister Moore how to set up the stuff and she did it for me. So yea, it was pretty fun. We also have a few new contacts right now that we are very excited about. During our super hard working week, we received a lot of contacts, and a few have turned into a some investigators : )

Friday was zone conference, and it was good. It is always spiritual and a great experience and good to learn from president and from the AP's. Sunday was a good day, and we had our first meeting with a really sweet lady. She speaks really good english and came for an english and gospel lesson. During the lesson I spoke in english and sis. gorkavenko spoke in russian. I felt the spirit super super strong, even though I was not speaking in my mission language. It was crazy how I was totally able to express myself and my testimony to her in english. It was kinda nice. I want to speak like that in Russian! Lets see, oh, Tuesday was a big holiday here and in Russia. It was Women's day. It is kinda like mother's day and valentines day combined, and it is for all women and girls of all ages. It was fun. At the branch there was a little activity that the priesthood in the branch put on for the women, and it was funny. We had 5 of our investigators come to the activity, and they all really really enjoyed it. So we were very excited about that.

Yesterday was the most beautiful day ever!! The sun is coming out, the snow is melting away, and it is just amazing! I heard there is still a lot of snow and that it is super cold in Russia, but here it is wonderful! I hope it stays this way and just starts to get warmer and warmer. It is amazing what some sun does for your mood. I am actually wearing just normal shoes today! not boots! it might be a little too cold for this, but its awesome. My legs have not felt fresh air in months!!!! oh, so did i ever tell you that once a month we have apt. checks, and the moores come over and check for cleanliness, and if we pass, they take all of us missionaries out to a restaurant. it is always super awesome and super good. Today, they are taking us to an Argentinian Grill!! Pretty sweet right? We are excited!

Well, i can't think of much else right now. I love you all! And never ever forget it! keep up the good work. Until next week!

Your lovely,

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment