Monday, August 24, 2009

you make me smile

Everyday on my morning run, I pass under the shade of a great big oak tree. Underneath the tree there is a swing made out of a wooden board, and tied to the tree above with some rope. Just a few days ago, as I passed by the same swing yet again, I noticed something somewhat different. Written into the wood on the side facing me, with permanent marker, were the words..."I have never met a girl more beautiful." I stopped, looked around, and thought, "oh me?! Why thank you!" haha. Obviously I am not crazy enough to think whoever wrote it was talking about me, but now every time I pass by that swing, it just makes me smile. I always wonder who wrote it, who they wrote it to, why they wrote it, and how many people it has made smile as they pass by.

3 comments: