Friday, August 21, 2009

here we go

A few days ago, I happened upon the beloved byu bookstore, climbed the stairs, and stepped into textbook heaven, where I proceeded to collect my own textbooks for the upcoming fall semester. Being the nerd that I am and always have been, I went straight to my apartment, up to my room, and started thumbing through the pages of my new books. Is it just me, or does the smell of a new textbook always bring with it happiness and a smile upon the owners face? ha.

The fall semester is fast approaching. The weather has cooled down somewhat. The days are getting shorter. School starts is approximately one week. Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday I was packing up all my "school stuff" and getting excited for summer months full of no worries and bundles of fun. Well, those summer months WERE full of loads of fun, and it is sad to say that they are mostly gone. But, a new chapter is already beginning to unfold. Me personally...i am very excited. With the start of the new semester comes new classes, new professors, a new schedule, new faces, continuing friendships with old faces, cooler weather, the changing colors of the leaves, new opportunities, new experiences, and....more memories.

So, even though the hot summer days are soon to pass us by, and fall begins to call our names, I say...bring it on!







1 comment:

  1. i sniff my books too! i like that smell. delightful, and i love love love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete