Thursday, February 3, 2011

hey hey!! 2 February 2011

Hello family!!

How has the week been? I hope good! I am on a little earlier today and
haven't received your emails yet, but I will just read them later
today I guess. Today we are just up early because president is letting
us go to the olympics today!!! Remember how i told you they have the
winter asian olympics here? So today we are going to the freestyle
event! we are all really excited! Have you gotten my package yet? i
hope it comes soon! .

So my mini missionary decided to leave yesterday. So in the next few
days I am with some young women from the ward. And then guess what?!
President said that sister Gorkavenko is coming to serve with me for
the rest of the transfer and next transfer! We are soo soo excited to
serve together again. We talked on the phone and talked about how we
are going to baptize everyone in almaty together!!

We still continue to do good missionary work here. We are still
teaching our sweet young little investigator. she is doing well. She
is reading the book of mormon and praying, and wants to get baptized
but her parents have some thoughts and concerns about it. Her mom is
reading the book of mormon though too and likes it. We are really
praying that her mother will want to meet with us sometime soon too.

so this past week we had zone conference and it was very helpful. The
spirit was strong and it was good to be there as a zone supporting
each other and missionaries. So President and his wife were down here
and Sister Moore cooked another wonderful lunch and it was a great
day. Sunday we had church meetings as usual and lessons, and then it
was also sister Muhina's birthday, so when we got home at night we ate
cake and I made some milkshakes. It was yummy.

Lately I have been reading in the four gospels in the new testament,
along with the book "Jesus the Christ". I have really really enjoyed
it. I have enjoyed learning more and studying more in depth the life
of my Savior. All the miracles He performed, the parables He told, and
just all the wonderful and miraculous things that He did for us. I am
excited to learn more and more about my Savior every day.

Well honestly, I don't know what else to write. Remember that I love
you. I look forward to reading your emails today, and after that until
next week! Remember who you are! I love you all very much and pray
this was another good week for you all.

All my love and hugs and kisses!
Sister Brown


Hello again my family!

well i hope this isn't illegal, but i just wanted to let you know that
i got your emails and everyone sounds great. Im glad that you all are
staying warm. Here it has not been too bad lately so that is good. We
bundle up pretty well, so i am grateful for thermal garments, tights,
wool socks, scarfs, gloves, hats, and coats at this time of year! dad
said that greg cloward gets home soon, that is crazy.

So the olympics today were awesome! They did some cool flips and
tricks and things. But it was so cold!!!!!!!!! We went way up in the
mountains, and we smart american missionaries didn't really dress
super warm, ha. The thing that made it bad was that it just rained and
rained and rained. So honestly every single inch of my body was
drenched. The water went all the way through our coats. But it was
fun! I don't have any pics because my camera ran out of battery after
the first pic, just my luck. But I'll copy some pics from the elders
and get them to you sometime soon, k? And dad, my mini missionary left
because she wanted to go visit relatives really bad that live in
kazakhstan, and president let her. She would have left next week
anyways, before transfers, because she needs to work at home. But it's
all good, im used to switching companions a lot, remember my first
transfer on the mission? good memories! well i love you all.

lots and lots of love! until next week!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment