Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello again!! 16 February 2011

Hello everyone!!!

thanks everyone! i got your emails. I hope everyone's week has been a great one! I have to tell you that this week I received a package....from myself!!! The package that i sent to you all with kazak chocolate just got sent back to me. I was a little disappointed because it has like already been over two months, so i was kinda surprised when i received it. oh well. I took out the letters in the package and will just send them to y'all separately. I don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to send it again and having it sent back again, sorry! I'm sad you didn't get it, but I hope you feel my love anyways : )

Lets see. This week has been a good one. It is great to be working with sister gorkavenko. We get up every morning early and go running. It's pretty fun and sometimes super slippery, but fun! This week we have had the opportunity to teach some new investigators, and that has been great. A lot of them are english investigators, with also gospel, and some of them don't progress as fast as I would have dreamed of, but I realized this week that sometimes the Lord does things slowly. I realized that when we teach english to people that we are helping to bring them to Christ through "small and simple" means. When they come to the branch building they feel our love, they see smiles, they feel the spirit, and they just know that there is something different about us. I pray that even though they are not ready to give up their traditions and completely trust in the promises of the gospel, that they still slowly come unto Christ by the examples that we strive to set for them.

Oh, our young investigator came to see a baptism with her mother last saturday, so we were very excited that they were both there and that we could meet with her mother. We are slowly trying to build up a good relationship with her and be true friends to her.

The other day we had a cool experience. A lot of our lessons had fallen through, and we decided to go home and eat a quick dinner and do weekly planning because we had not done it yet. But just as we had arrived home, the elders called and said that there was a woman who had walked into the branch building and wanted to know more about the church. They all had lessons and were not able to teach her at the time. So, we dropped our stuff and headed back to the branch building. It was exciting to meet with her and hear about how she heard about the church. Over a year ago, she ran into missionaries outside and they gave her one of our church brochures. She, not long ago, was baptized into the russian orthodox church, and for some reason has just been kinda searching to find out more about churches. She remembered the brochure she had received from us a long time ago, and she began to search and search for it so that she could find our address. She couldn't find it, and she prayed that if the Lord wanted her to come visit us that she would be able to find the brochure. So, she found the brochure, and then after being told that that address doesn't exist, she found our branch building. I am very excited to meet with her, and I don't think it is just "coincidence" all of the events that brought her to the branch. We have only met with her once, and we are looking forward to many more wonderful meetings with her. I decided that I just once again need to open up my eyes and see the small miracles that the Lord is placing in our paths. I need to rededicate myself every morning when getting up that I am going to do all that I can to further the work of the Lord and find those people that are searching for the gospel. I know that as we do all we can, that the Lord will lead us to those people, or that He will lead them to us. I just need to keep the faith, and open my eyes and see.

I think that is about it for the week, sorry it is so little. Sometime I just have the hardest time brainstorming up things to tell y'all!! But anyways, I love you all! Keep doin what's right! Until next week!!

All my love and hugs and kisses,

Sister Brown

ps....i just wanted to tell you really quick. I was on lds.org and on the youth website found an awesome video!! It is a video about the kiev temple. Watch it! there are a lot of people there i know from russia, and it shows two young men in red and gold and white costumes talking about the "fighting dance". They are from almaty, and that is the national kazak dance. Pretty cool! so you should go to the lds website, then click on the youth section website, and then on the front page should be videos and the kiev temple. Also, i watched the video about tyler haws from our high school. that was pretty cool too and at the end when he got dropped off at the mtc, there are elders from my zone in the mtc helping with his bags and things. What a small world it is. Watch them! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment