Thursday, July 28, 2011

wow...is this really happening???!!! 28 July 2011

Well,

Hello. Take in a deep breath and enjoy this awesome and short email, because it is probably the last one you will receive from me as I make my way home to the other side of the world. I don't even know what to say this week. It is weird and quite hard to express my feelings. All I know, is that I started crying tears of buckets when dad wrote and said that he just talked to the stake president about my release and reporting to the high council. I cannot believe this. It is so strange. You spend your entire mission, never believing that it will ever come to an end, and then bam....its already time to go home and to leave the people that you have grown to love so strongly. I thank my Father in Heaven with all my heart, for the opportunity that I have had, to really learn how to love people here on my mission. There have been bonds that have been created with this culture, these people, members, investigators, my mission president, companions, other missionaries and leaders and senior couples, that words cannot even describe. I love all these people so much. I feel so extremely blessed. I never knew at the beginning of my mission that I would come to love so many many people here on my mission. I love this work. I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I love this gospel. I love all my family and friends. They have been a huge support to me in this time on my mission, and for that I will be forever grateful.

I gave my lesson on sunday and it went well. Kinda funny, but well. Tuesday I went to my first and hopefully last russian funeral, for a member in the ward who passed away. It was very different from funerals I have seen, and very sad. The traditions they have are very interesting. I will have to tell you more later. Yesterday was my last district meeting. And today is my last p-day. it is all so strange. But I am loving it and enjoying every moment.

President called the other day to tell me that sunday I will be going into moscow on the train. And then sunday night I will stay with sister kelly, and monday we have the opportunity to be in moscow and do what we want, etc. Then monday night we will have the program president and his wife do, and the dinner and stuff, interviews, etc. And then tuesday morning I think the four of us missionaries in our group fly out. and as you said, you already know the time the plane comes in and stuff. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, i honestly don't know what else to say. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great week! Until next week!!!............when I will see you and hug you and give you all big fat juicy kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my love,

The one and only (for one more week) Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment