Friday, July 22, 2011

welp, it's me again 14 July 2011

Hello my loves!

As always, thanks for the emails! Good luck family in all your travels and work and things. Stay safe and do what is right and have fun. I am excited to see how kanab is. Man, fun times.

This week has picked up maybe just a little bit in missionary work. Still trying to find people to teach. But we did have a new investigator, a young girl from africa. So it was fun teaching her and we have another lesson with her this evening, I think she will be a great investigator. She is super sweet and friendly and personable.

Lets see, our visa trip was fun on friday. I went with 4 other elders that were all in the mtc with me. we spent the day in the airport and on the planes back and forth from kiev and moscow. It was fun talking and sharing missionary stories, but towards the end of the day we were getting tired. We even went to Wendy's to eat dinner! cool right!? they just opened up a wendy's in moscow, so we walked over there before we needed to get on our night train back to nizhney. They had no such thing as a junior bacon cheese burger, so i went with the spicy chicken sandwich instead, and of course got myself a good ol' frosty (vanilla of course, its the best!) it was very tasty and it was so funny because the elders were just freaking out and so so excited! Man food really does make them happy. its funny. We also had a lot of time to spare and nothing to do because no one was in the office. and it was a friday night and not safe to wander around the moscow streets. so we spent our time in the metro going in circles and getting off at any of the metro stations that looked pretty and taking pictures of the design and architecture and stuff. it was fun! I was so excited to get back on the night train that night and just go to sleep! but, i didn't sleep too well because for some reason my bed was extremely short and i didn't really fit. it was weird. oh well.

Saturday was zone conference and President woolley and the ap's were in town. it was a great conference and i absolutely loved it. it was my last conference ever on the mission. crazy. and so i just soaked it all in and really had fun. They had me bear my testimony as one of the missionaries going home. it was totally weird, and yes i cried a little, it was embarrassing, but it was great. I love my missionary family. they are totally awesome. Sunday was church as usual, and i was supposed to give a talk, but then they didn't want me too. i think i will give one next week or something. other than that the week has been pretty normal. trying to find good productive things to do to find people here who are searching for the gospel. I have been trying to be really good at exercising on my mission, and so I ran a lot with sis gorkavenko and with sister cianflone, and now i am running with sister taggart too. it is so much fun. i love it. lately we have been running up and down the stairs in our apartment building. it is not the greatest view. but it is definitely a work out. i like it. and at girls camp in almaty, sister dick taught us how to do yoga. So i have been working on some yoga too. it is very fun and relaxing. So yea, i guess that is enough about my little exercising tangent ; )

Oh i forgot to say that one of my old companions who already went home, sister chetina, came to nizhney on sunday to visit people. So i got to see and talk to her. it was really great and fun. Also, on a bus the other day I totally heard the bee gees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was awesome i wanted to cry!!!!!!!! they sang "how deep is your love" it reminded of all the times we would be in the red truck with the other siblings just rocking out to our bee gees and beach boys. awesome. pure awesome. Also, my little funny story, well kinda funny, for the week. I woke up one morning and out of my left eye it was hard to see and all i saw was an obstruction in my view. i felt my face and my eye and cheek was puffy. and i thought, oh no!!!!!!!! what has happened to me! i went and looked into the mirror and was so scared to what i would see, and my whole left cheek and bottom eyelid was swollen. i felt like hunchback face. it ended up that a stupid bug bit me and for some reason my face reacted that way. it is pretty much gone by now though. and then a few nights later i woke up, and a bug bit me on my forehead and i had a huge swollen knot on my forehead. that didn't look to attractive either. luckily i have bangs to cover it up, and i didn't scare people outside. it was funny. man those bugs are killer. my body has never reacted to bug bites like that before. needless to say, we have closed the windows.

I would like to make a shout out to grandma and grandpa brown to say thank you for the sweet letter i just got in the mail! love you! and thank you aunt julie for your email also. that was sweet. shout out to dallin too...i am glad you enjoy your new job! have fun! ps..where are my emails??? and to angela too...what's up girlfriend! you sound like super busy america's most hottest top model. you are so busy! where are my emails???????????

well, great to hear from everyone. remember i love you. Remember who you are. Have a wonderful week and be smart and safe. Until next week!!!!!!!!

All my love!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment