Thursday, April 21, 2011

another week! 14 April 2011

Hello everyone!

This has been a good week. Pretty busy, with its own ups and downs. So last P-day, we went to the canyons. it was beautiful and fun. Thursday was my last day as a companion with Sister Gorkavenko, we taught some really good lessons, and then tried to get me moved into my new apt : ) funny funny, because when we went to go move in, the lock had completely given up on us, and did not work at all. So we were kinda excited, because we thought that we would all have to live together in a four-some while we waited for the lock to be fixed. But, we woke up friday and went and picked up our new greeny companions!!! They were super tired. I remember that day : ) We had some lessons, and then the man already changed our lock, so Sister Cianflone and I moved into our new apartment and unpacked and did some good planning. Lets see, so that was friday, and then saturday we watched conference. It was wonderful!!! I loved the spirit. The weather was great too and we had our weekly sports activity with our investigators after the two conference sessions. Sunday, we watched the last 2 conference sessions. It was great again. I really enjoyed the talk by Uckdorf and by Scott and Holland. But everyone had wonderful messages and I enjoyed it all. I thought about how growing up I always watched conference at home in my pj's and almost always undoubtedly, fell asleep and never really got much out of conference. man! silly girl!! what was I thinking?!! I don't want to do that again. Conference is a wonderful opportunity to feel the spirit and to receive inspiration and guidance. I really love it, and always look forward to it. Let's see, so the rest of the week has been pretty good so far. It has been a little difficult because we don't have as many lessons as usual, because we just split all our meetings and investigators with the other sisters. And we have gotten a lot of no shows, and then when that happens, i think, and my companion asks, "so what do we do now?" And i think "um, good question"? I need to be better at making good back up plans. but usually we just end up contacting during that time. We have had some pretty successful contacting.

So my companion is Sister Cianflone from LA california. She is 21 and went to byu and is majoring in international and public relations. She is very outgoing and very excited about the work. So, I thought I was going to do a lot of talking and thought that this would be good because I really need to improve my speaking skills. But, she talks about as much as I do! Her russian is very good, and even when she doesn't speak it correctly, she still speaks something. It is pretty funny, but she is a great example to me with how courageous she is about talking to people. She honestly talks to everyone! Seriously. Sometimes it is super funny and a little awkward, but its good. The more people we talk to the more people we will find. I do really miss being companions with Sister Gorkavenko, we became great friends. But, I am glad she is still in our district and that we can see her. But it is weird not teaching together and contacting together and having the same investigators and things. But, I am really excited about my new companion, and as I rely on the Lord and do my best to be happy where I am, I know that we can really see miracles happen.

Lets see. We have a meeting on Friday with Ipara. She came to conference on Sunday and really enjoyed it. She loved it! We are working on setting a baptismal date with her. We will see how it goes!!

Ok, so we just got back from the mountains. and i don't have a ton of time until it is time to go out and work. the mountains were fun. And we ate duck!!!! yea, it was actually super good. and I got sunburned uber bad, but it was fun in the nice fresh mountain air. The weather has been sunny and nice and very warm lately. We love it. I am nervous though, because all my summer clothes i left in moscow, not thinking I would be here that long! so i am basically burning up!

I am glad you are all having a wonderful time and thank you so much for the emails!!! And I loved the pics of rhen! that is awesome! and I do wish with all my heart too that I could have been there. That would have been sweet. I look at those pictures and just get a big smile. In that first picture you just look at him touch the ball and it looks like he just has a super big smile on his face. totally awesome!!

Well, i love you! Thank you again for you prayers and love. I pray for you all the time and love you all so much! Keep up the good work and doin what's right! Until next week!

All my love!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment