Thursday, November 11, 2010

good ol' football 11 November 2010

My dear Loves!!

oh man, those awesome pictures of the football game really make me miss home this time of year...but that's ok. And i love that picture of everyone together after the game. Awesome!!

i am glad everyone had a great week. That is sad to hear that terence got hurt. I pray for him and hope he heals fast. I always get very nervous for those boys playing football. They really tear their bodies up.

ok, so there were a lot of questions this week. I will try to answer those all first. yes, halloween was good, but no, halloween is not a holiday here. It is only brought over from american missionaries. And yes, i do have some opportunities to play the piano a lot. Actually the primary president here just asked me if I could play for primary, and she wants me to teach them a new song. Last sunday was my first time, and let me tell you it was very difficult to teach people to sing in a different language when they are all young and no one listens to you. I will need to study up on some music terms in russian and see what i can do :) The apartment here is a little smaller and older, but nice and cozy. I like it. And dad, yes, most of the baptisms in this mission do come from almaty. I am not exactly sure why. Maybe teaching english helps us just talk and teach to more people and so we have a bigger teaching pool here, or, i just think too that the people here are a little more open and maybe just a little more prepared for the gospel. And mom, no there is no daylight savings here. So i think you all are now 13 hours behind us, and the rest of the mission is now 3 hours behind us. And about the smoke stuff, im not sure what that means. Yea some times it is kinda foggy and maybe a little smoky, but i have not heard about fires. so i don't know. maybe it is fires, or yea maybe it is factories. And angela, yea, in voronezh they did not have mutual activities. Here I think they try to have them with the young women, but i don't know how often. They do have seminary though, but only once a week and in the evening, and only like 3 people come. it is definitely a whole new world. I also wanted to tell you all about the awesome "gypsie" cabs here. Taxis here are very very cheap, and all you need to do is put your arm out and a random car drives up. It is not even a job or anything. anyone can be a taxi, and it they want too and have time they can just pick you up and drop you off where you need. So its kinda funny. We ride with a lot of random people, and I just pray that they know how to drive somewhat safely!

So this week has been another good one. There was a baptism last saturday, and it went very well. I was very happy because the ward members were very welcoming and so nice and kind to her. We continue to teach a lot of english lessons, with a spiritual lesson also. We have one investigator that everything seems so very interesting to her. She asks so many many questions, and sometimes I have no idea what she is asking. So it is difficult to help answer her questions, and sometimes gets a little frustrating. But that is where my russian companion who understands everything comes in and helps out. I just really wish at times i knew how to speak more. During one of our lessons the other day about the plan of salvation she asked some pretty deep questions and i just stared at her and my companion talk because I barely understood what they were saying, let alone just thought and thought of how i could answer her, and what words i knew that i could say. I was a little disappointed after that i didn't talk more, but i know with time, little by little, it will get better. It will never be perfect, but day by day it will get better and better.

So i really love the members here and the investigators. they are great! And our district is very fun and the senior couple are amazing. she makes some really really awesome food for our district meetings. And just because they love us, sister moore got up early yesterday morning and made sis. chetina and I blueberry pancakes, eggs and ham, maple syrup, and maple butter, and then brought them over to our apartment. I thought WOW! We have the best couple missionaries in this mission. I cannot even tell you the blessings that senior couples bring to this mission. I want to do that when i am older!

So yea, things are going well here. I leave today on a plane for moscow, and there I will get my new visa for kazakhstan for 6 months. they said it takes about a week, so i will be in moscow and the city of tula with the sisters there for about the next week. Man, there is a ton of traveling in this mission. I never even imagined how much. But you gotta do what you gotta do, and if that is what we gotta do to preach the gospel here, that is what we will do! So if i don't have an opportunity to write or something while i am there or flying back next thursday don't worry. I'll try to see if i can get something sent through the senior couple or something if i don't have access to a computer.

Well i think that is again all for this week. As always, thank you for your support, love, and prayers. Know that I love you very much and am always praying for you. Keep up the good work! Have a great week! and until next week!

All my love,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment