Thursday, May 13, 2010

happy belated bday ANGE!!!

Dear Family,
How is everyone today? As always it was great to get your emails and talk to you on sunday!!! wahoooo!!! thank you, thank you. your awesome. I don't know what all of this "you are a great example to us" is...honestly. YOU ALL are the great examples!!!! I wouldn't be here today if it were not for you and your loving support, and I definitely would not even be who I am without all of you amazing people who I honestly look up to in EVERYWAY. Thank you, thank you, thank you and keep hanging in there with all you do. I love you all and never forget it even though we are many many miles away right now.
Angela, i am soo soo happy to hear that you had such a fun fun birthday! i can't believe you are 16. Everyone grows up so fast, and i don't like it, it's weird. I myself wish I were a kid again and just oblivious to everything and so innocent and just get to run around and have fun and not worry about anything. And im glad dad's talk went well, doesn't surprise me though cause dad always does good. and im glad mother's day was fun!
Let's see...news for the week. Well i talked to you sunday so not much has happened since then. I was in липецк for monday and we left tuesday morning on the bus. It was about a 2 hour drive. I liked it cause you got to see some pretty country side views and the road was surrounded by trees on both sides and it reminded me a lot of the highways in SC. so that was kinda fun. Then when we got to воронеж we had district meeting. Sis corbett was not back yet so i spent the rest of that day and wed. with the senior couple the Lowry's. They are great. I got some good studying done but it is always weird because im not out with my companion meeting or tracting on days like that. But i did get to help sis. Lowry clean, cook, and make cookies. So that was lots of fun!!! Sis. corbett got back and now it is pday again and we have just been up to the usual activities and will get out tonight and do some work!! wohooo!
oh while i am thinking of it, dallin....today on the bus we heard that kesha girl sing her don't stop song. it totally reminded me of you and was way weird to hear it. When i hear stuff like that i don't feel like a missionary and it reminds me of home and it is weird. I have to remind myself that i am in Russia and not in a little bubble anymore. haha.
i was very sad to hear that uncle alvin is not feeling well again. It makes me worry. But please tell them that they are in my thoughts and prayers. And how is lacee doing? when you go to see her sunday please tell her i love her and that i am very proud of her for choosing to serve. Im excited that we both will be out at the same time!
well, this week i guess is just pretty much the same old same old. I was thinking how i think one of the hard things about being here is the fact that just in the few short weeks i have been here, my eyes have really been opened up to the pain and suffering of the people here. I don't like it. It makes me want to crawl into a little hole. It always just makes me want to cry and makes me soo sick to my stomach. The unhappy lives that these people lead here, whether it be because of their own choices or because of others choices, just really breaks my heart. And as missionaries we want so badly to somehow take that pain away from them, but a lot of the time they don't want to hear it. You walk down the street and ride on the buses and you see so many sad and lonely people, and if you look in their eyes you just know that they are searching for something. Searching for happiness. But like it has been said, they don't know where to find it, or if they do, they are too depressed and lead such lives that they feel they can't achieve that happiness. I feel so so blessed, and it is not fair to them. Especially since now my eyes have been more opened and i witness so many depressive lives. I want to help them, but it is hard to conceive how one quiet little girl from utah who at times finds it hard to do things for herself...can do anything for them. How can i convince them of what can make them happy? I guess it is just little by little. But you do wish that you could just take away all their sadness in just one big swipe. I continue to pray that somehow as missionaries we can make a difference, i guess even though we may not see it.
Well, i think i have run out of things to say. Oh, i was reading the january 2010 liahona the other day. I love the liahona!! and the ensign! they are both great. But read the jan. 2010 liahona. It is an amazing one for both young and old. I love the talk by elder holland "the best is yet to be". and I also like the talk called "in the Lord's way". they are both great. well, like I said the whole thing is great. read the whole thing, but those two were my favorites for now.
Again family, i love you, love you. You are in my prayers always. I'm glad everyone sounds to be doing pretty good. I hope this is the case. Keep doin what's right. Keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers. And having family night and family prayer and scripture study. Keep going to church. Keep bein nice and following the commandments. Attend the temple regularly. Keep loving others. And just keep on keeping on. Live your life so that the Holy Ghost can be your constant guide. It is always hard in this every changing world and with all the distractions we have around to hear the constant guidance of the spirit. But just keep doing what's right and keep doing those regular things that invite the spirit, and I know you will be blessed by it. All my love to you!! Until next week!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment