Thursday, September 5, 2013

Here comes Fall

Hello all! Thought it about time to make another small blog update to let you know what's goin' on up here in the last frontier:)

As I now type, Travis is in the kitchen making omelets for us for breakfast, yum! My husband is awesome:)

So I think it is pretty safe to say that we here in Alaska have seen the last of our summer:(  BUT....that also means the beginning of fall! My favorite. With the colder weather I couldn't but help myself, last week I had to go out and buy a yummy fall smelling candle and got a few fall decorations for our guest bathroom. Fun!

So Travis was up on the slope again this past week, and it's already been in the low 30's up there lately. And, it snowed on August 29th there!! Pretty crazy. They got about 1 inch.

A week or so ago, I cooked fish for like my first time ever! We used Aunt Jenelle's recipe for tilapia. It was very good and we served it with a little tomato, cucumber, and red onion salad.

 While Travis was up on the slope I went to the Alaska State Fair with a friend and her two boys in the ward. There were a lot of animals there, and I had to post a pic of the reindeer cause I have never seen one in person before. (FYI: Did you know that a reindeer and a caribou are the exact same animal? They just call it a caribou when in the wild, and reindeer once it has been domesticated. Someone just told me that this week)


Here is a picture of baby bump from last week, at 30 weeks.

And here is baby bump at 31 weeks. And in the words of Travis, "Kash, You're huge!!" hahaha. So funny, I just laughed:) 

Baby J seems to be getting lots bigger. His kicks and pokes are much stronger, and he seems to have the hiccups all the time, haha. We finished up our birthing class. It was really good and very informative. And Monday we have our 32 week ultrasound...so excited!!

Well that's all for now folks, until next time:)

With love,
The Jones



1 comment: