Tuesday, March 9, 2010

how do i love thee?...let me count the ways!

Hello again to my dear family! Ok, here we go! first off lacee that is so exciting about your mission call!!!!!! oh my goodness you will love that place and i am totally jealous! haha. and kesley farmer! girl that is aweosme! Temple square?! how fun! to be honest with you i was a little bit jealous when i read that in the dear elder. haha. that was secretly my dream mission call. How fun will that be to dress all super cute and be tour guide barbie aroudn the visitor center! oh man so fun! Both of you, Lacee and Kelsey, will just have the time of your lives. Im so excited for you both! Let see, this week was of course the same old same old. hha. but if anything out of the ordinary happens i try to know write it in my planner so i can somewhat remember to tell you. Last wed. me and sister kelly gave our first lesson at the TRC in Russia!!!!! oh my goodness, it was crazy hard! but fun too. it was cool to see what all we could say(which is acutally very little haha) but it was awesome. One of the volunteers told me that i actually looked way russian to her. haha, don't know how, but i thought ot myself "oh why thank you, thank you very much" haha. So yes, wednesday i ran into both valerie jones and my old roomy heidi I. It was so fun to see them!! i like never seem than anymore really other than that first day, cause all the schedules are so crazy. But it was fun to see them then. And both of them leave the day after me! so that is cool. Oh, by the way, i have just seen soem confusion on my departure date on dear elder, and just so you know i leave the 26th of april as of now. wow, that seems so far away. But can you believe that I have been in this place already a month now!!! i feel like i am still totally new to everything and haven't gotten all the ropes down. oh well, i assume that is how it might feel my whole mission, haha, everything so new and different from anything ive everknown before. So exciting! but scary!!! I rememeber onw time in spencers email he said that there is no growth in the comfort zone, and there is no comfort in the growth zone. haha. oh man, that is the mtc and mission life to a t! but i love it none the less. So the older districts got there flight planes this week. so sad!!! they are all so awesome! I haven't know the mtc without them, so it will be weird when they and the natives head out next week. It will be so quite around here. There are about 40 russian learners leaving, and from what we have heard there are like only 7 new ones coming in. haha. Weird! but ill be sure to let you know. Oh man, the 4 other sisters in our room(sis wrigley, jones, meyers, and robinson) will all be leaving with them too. they are so awesome and fun and it will be sad to see them go. well, onto the language i guess. its coming along. not as fast as i would like but its coming. the natives giggle at us when we say stuff, ahah, cuase they say we soudn like little kids. man, that is totally how i feel!!! It is frustrating to teach lessons cause you feel the spirit and want so badly for the investigator to feel the spirit too, and you have this thing you want to say but you have no idea how to say it in russian! ah, kinda annoying. But it is truly humbling and hopefully in time i will have that one day when i am just like wow! i said what i wanted to say! yea!!!!! haha. the russian language is beautiful though. i love it. We are supposed to be teaching in 100% russian to all our investigators now. oh man! fun!!!!! haha. ok, well running out of time. Just wanted to add my quick testimeony at the end here of the power of preach my gospel. Never in my life ddi i understand the power in it until now. It is so strengthening, and so true!!! i love it, the words in it are so pure. Read it!!!!! i never understood before know how important it is, but it is! It is amazing what the spirit can teach to our hearts. Sorry, im running out of time, so that is my short little spiritual thought. funny story? um..we are allowed to shake hands now(cause the flu and everything) and everyone was so excited when they annoucned that! it crazy how much i took for granted those awesome family hugs. cause now i miss them so much!!!!!! well all my love! and im sending you a big hug too! loves! Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment