Monday, May 11, 2009

gone fishin'

this weekend was a great one...saturday I went with my family up to some lake in payson (very beautiful by the way), and went fishing. It was nice to have a little break from the everyday. and, I totally caught my first fish!!! well, at least that i can remember. but wait, that isn't even the most exciting part, ha. this is: I totally gutted the fish too! (well, not mine. i actually had to give my fish back to the water cause it was just a little one, but i gutted someones fish) haha. probably one of the grossest(how do you spell that?) things that I have ever done. totally wanted to throw up while doing it...what can i say, guts and blood just really aren't my thing. But needless to say, i did it and now I can totally cross that off my to do list! lol. I would also like to say that im kinda upset, cause i don't have any awesome pictures of this event to share with yall. I can't find my camera at home, and i'm a little scared that my baby bro got a hold of it. but hopefully soon pictures can accompany my posts on this blog. otherwise, it is not much worth reading...a picture is worth a thousand words....
yesterday I headed home for a fun little mother's day celebration with the family. We had a grand old time, and the best part as always... was the food. We grilled up some pork and the fish from the day before. it was delish. it was fun to spend time with my mom, shes great. when you actually take the time to sit down and think about it, you only begin to realize the blessings that come into your life because of being raised by a wonderful mother who cares for all her children. so just a quick shout-out to you mom...I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Acacia! I decided to look up your blog at 2am because I am up and in a little pain after the surgery. I have to second what you said. You truly do have a wonderful mother. I think that you will be a wonderful mother just like her.

    ReplyDelete